சென்ற வெள்ளியன்று கர்னாடிகா சகோதரர்களின் கச்சேரி ரிச்மண்டில் நடைபெற்றது. அந்த கச்சேரியை பற்றி நாராயணன் அவர்களின் வர்ணனை. நேரமின்மையால் ஆங்கிலத்தில் தருவதற்கு மன்னிக்கவும்.
Dear fellow music lovers,
The Carnatica brothers, Sashikiran and Ganesh, presented a
scintillating concert on Friday evening. They put together a nice
combination of ragams and krithis to fulfill and satisfy our hunger
for carnatic music. The concert lasted for almost 4 hours.
Here is a song list from the concert:
1. Varnam - kathanakuthuhalam - Mysore Vasudevachar
2. kanjadhaLAyadhAkshi - kamalAmanOhari - Muthuswami Dikshitar
3. arulavEndum thAyE - sAramathi - dhandapani desikar
4. parAthparA paramEshwara - vAchaspathi - Papanasam Sivan
5. varashiki vAhana - supradIpam - tyAgarAja
6. manasulOni marmamulu - varamu - tyAgarAja
7. EdayyA gathi - chalanAta - Koteeshwara Iyer
8. niravathi sukadA - ravichandrikA - tyAgaraja
9. Ragam Thanam Pallavi - malayamArutham - Adi
"rAgam thAnam pallavi trikAla tishramodu jolikkum"
with swarams in kApi, sindhubhairavi and vAsanthi
10. muruganin marupeyar - behAg - Periyasami thooran
11. kandanAL mudalAi - madhuvanthi
12. maithreem bajatha - rAgamAlika - Kanchi periyavAL.
They started off with a varnam, brisk varnam, as the audience was
getting settled in. The kamalamanohari piece was rendered with an
array of citta swaram combinations. Sashikiran presented a very nice
alapana in vachaspathi. Ganesh took the alapana credits for his
brilliant rendition of varamu. This was followed by a serene
rendition of the KI krithi from his kandha gAnamudham in the ragam
chalanata. The ragam and thanam in malayamarutham was very very good.
The RTP was rendered with the exploration of anulOmam, prathilOmam,
and off-course staying true to the lyric of the pallavi "tri-kalam"
and "tishram". Even though they had only 3 ragams as part of the
ragamalika swaram, each was handled more elaborately than is
customary. They finished up with some nice thukkada pieces.
Nagai Sriram was brilliant in support on his violin. He mirrored
every phrase that the artistes threw at him with precision including
all the layam dominated phrases. Murugaboopathy performed admirably
in support on the mrdangam. Richmond's own Ravi provided excellent
I was amazed at the professionalism of the artists in terms of the
effort they put out inspite of a lower than expected turnout. They
delivered an undiluted concert, with rich content and quality.